Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Curiosity bought a Corgi

While doing my corgi web surfing routine on a Wednesday afternoon I noticed there were 2 red/white male corgi pups still available from Celestial Star Kennel, a breeder near the Orlando area. I have been following this breeder for over 2 years now and have been in LOVE with the breed! I am a dictionary when it comes to the facts:)
Ever since I saw that puppy I contemplated if I was ready or not to bring a puppy in my life. Through out the day "NO" was my final answer, but then I would try to convince myself that I was ready. It was one emotional roller coaster.


Out of curiosity I emailed Celeste, the breeder, just to get some more information on the process of purchasing a puppy.

The next morning Celeste emailed me back with all the information on purchasing a corgi puppy, it even came with more pictures! I fell in love! I didn't email her back because I was still going through the "I want it, but do I need it" phase. I called my father to try and get his opinion on the situation. Looking for him to tell me if it was a good idea even though I already knew what he was going to say. "It's up to you if you think you can handle it" Thanks dad! You're no help! LOL! But that's how I was raised, to make my own decisions.

As I walked through a parking lot still debating, my phone rang with a number I did not recognize. I picked it up just in case it was a team member from school needing my help with something. I said "hello" and when the person on the other side responded I knew I recognized the voice from somewhere. I watch youtube videos of corgis when ever I get a chance, and this voice was from youtube! It was the breeder that I had emailed the night before! To this day I have no idea how she got my number, but I wouldn't change it for the world.

She introduced herself then proceeded to tell me that another lady just inquired about the same puppy that I was interested in. She asked me if I wanted him since I was the first to email her. So right then and there I was not allowed to contemplate any further!


...I stuttered...."I want the puppy"

No comments: