Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Thinking about a puppy?? This is what I have spent.

Odin is a little over 4 months now. This is what I have spent if you are thinking about a puppy.

Vet Visits
$ 85 -1st vet visit for initial checkup (no shots).Included an ear exam and meds for an ear infection.
$ 72 - 2nd round of puppy shots + fecal exam & visit
$ 50-  3rd round of puppy shots
$ 95- Last round of shots. Rabies-Kennel Cough- DA2P+Parvo+CVV..and fecal exam
(I still need to get him neutered)

1st four months of vet costs total
$302.00
(remember, after this you will only need shots once a year.)

Dog Food
I feed him Innova Puppy. Remember you have to ween puppies off a food slowly. He went from Eukanuba  to Innova. I bought a small bag  at first to make sure he would eat it. Then once weened off I bought the biggest bag I could @ $30.00. Once he finished that bag I was forced to get a smaller bag since that was all they had. Now that I know where I can find the food I will continually get the bulk bags. Thus saving money.

Dog Food total @ 4 months

$60.00


At the pet store!
This will include nail trimmings, toys, necessity's, training, AKC, implanted chip...impulse purchasing counts!
~ $360.00
(Does not include price of the puppy)
(This is what get people the most, some spend a lot more than others)


So far I have spent $722.00 on the pup.

*** I am posting this to be an aid to those looking into buying a new puppy***


No comments: